Friday, July 31, 2009

another chapter in my reality


My dad had a heart attack on Wednesday as he was waiting to see a doctor in ER of a Michigan hospital.  I suppose if you are going to have a heart attack, having one while in the ER is the best place to have it.  The doctor jumped up on the bed he was lying in and started pounding on his chest and they brought out the paddles to shock him back to life.  It worked.  

Today, Friday, I started to deal with this chapter of my reality.  I had a unique set of highs and lows and my attitude and outbursts reflected it.  As I stop near the end of the day and reflect on my state of being, I realize that my frustration with my family is not the source of my frustration but they seem to get the brunt end it.  I've been disappointed with people this past year and my family seems to be my punching bag to let out this pent up anxiety that lives within.  Tragedy brings out the unusual in all of us.  I apologized to my family -- they forgave me.  

Tomorrow is a new day filled with opportunity and wonder.  I pray my attitude and outbursts reflect that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment